I'm one of those grumpy people who doesn't want to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. Except for this year. This year November hit and I was like, bring on White Christmas with a side of Last Christmas. And all of the other comforting songs that I need this year to make 2021 better. Oddly enough, I was today many years old when I realized that all of my favorite Christmas songs are about relationships. Celebrating relationships, longing for lovers and trying to seduce a hottie. What can I say, I really do love love, even subconsciously. Here's my list of (sort of) Christmas love songs. You know them and probably love them too.
1. Please Come Home for Christmas--It's a toss up between the Eagles and Bon Jovi versions. My absolute favorite Christmas song.
2. Baby It's Cold Outside--So so wrong, but so so right. Glee's version is hands down the sexiest version out there.
3. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)--Mariah's version is great, but this song belongs to Darlene Love.
4. This Christmas--The Christmas season doesn't officially start until I hear Donny Hathaway croon this song. It's everything.
5. River--My newest favorite Christmas song. It just breaks my heart to hear it. But then I have to hear it again. And again.